The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made by the end of the waiver deadline this month. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League Central.
- The Mariners have made multiple attempts to acquire Twins ace Ervin Santana. Could a deal still go down?
- Giancarlo Stanton has cleared trade waivers and is eligible to be traded to any team.
- Jered Weaver has announced his retirement.
- Here are the teams that wish they could have done things differently at the MLB trade deadline.
- John Lackey stole his first career base at 38 years old. So that’s one good thing, I guess.
- The Astros and Tigers are ‘still apart’ in Verlander trade talks. They better speed it up then.
- Come with us on Travis d’Arnaud’s emotional waltz within the infield last night.
- Marco Estrada has been claimed off of waivers by AL East team. A deal is unlikely. My money is on the Orioles being behind this.
- Wil Myers stole second, third, and home plate in the same inning.
- The Athletics have acquired Chris Hatcher.
- Aaron Judge sets a strikeout streak record. All rise?
- The Rangers will hand out tiny on-deck circles in honor of Adrian Beltre’s antics, so time to put in for vacation time because you really need to be at this game.
- Here’s a look back at what the Rockies did at the trade deadline.
- Rafael Devers wants to meet the Yankees fan in that viral home run video. Make it happen, Baseball Universe.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2014, Michael Cuddyer becomes the 30th player to hit for multiple cycles.