Jose Reyes has officially been moved to the 10-day disabled list due to his rib injury. The move was also to make room on the roster for Gavin Checcini and Matt Reynolds, two infielders called up to help with the Mets ailing lineup.
Reyes is slashing .217/.265/.377 this season, so the Mets aren’t exactly suffering without his bat. Wilmer Flores, who also is suffering from a ribcage injury, will not be moved to the DL at this time.
Here’s what else is happening across the National League East.
- Braves place 10 on FanGraphs Summer Top 100 Prospects.
- The Nationals have placed Ryan Madson on the 10-Day disabled list.
- Let’s take a moment to refute some very wrong thoughts about Aaron Nola.
- The Marlins are willing to engage teams interested in Giancarlo Stanton.
- In case you were waiting with bated breathe, here is the Atlanta Braves super early 2018 MLB Draft Preview.
- Tanner Roark ditched his sinker and the results are turning his season around.
- Which Phillies prospect will get the call in September?.
- Blazing hot take: The Marlins sculpture has to stay.
- Seth Lugo has been sent to the to disabled list by the Mets.
- The Nationals have placed Brian Goodwin on the 10-Day disabled list.
- Daniel Nava hits the DL for the Phillies while Odubel Herrera is still nursing his hamstring.
- Making the case for moving Giancarlo Stanton down in the order.
- Noah Syndergaard will pitch off a mound in his latest rehab milestone.