The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made by the end of the waiver deadline this month. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League East.
- Giancarlo Stanton cleared waivers, and we’ve ranked the teams that might trade for him.
- Miami-Dade County tells new Marlins ownership the home run sculpture ‘is not movable’. So there.
- Jered Weaver has announced his retirement.
- Pedro Martinez took the mound in a Red Sox uniform again for a special reason.
- John Lackey stole his first career base at 38 years old. So that’s one good thing, I guess.
- The Astros and Tigers are ‘still apart’ in Verlander trade talks. They better speed it up then.
- Come with us on Travis d’Arnaud’s emotional waltz within the infield Wednesday night.
- Red Sox owner wants Boston to rename street near Fenway tied to team's racist history.
- Wil Myers stole second, third, and home plate in the same inning.
- Breaking down the worst first pitches of all time.
- Aaron Judge sets a strikeout streak record. All rise?
- The Rangers will hand out tiny on-deck circles in honor of Adrian Beltre’s antics, so time to put in for vacation time because you really need to be at this game.
- Here’s a look back at what the Rockies did at the trade deadline.
- Rafael Devers wants to meet the Yankees fan in that viral home run video. Make it happen, Baseball Universe.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.