The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made by the end of the waiver deadline this month. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League East.
- The Cardinals placed Adam Wainwright on the disabled list, which doesn’t bode well for their pitching staff.
- There is still a chance the Tigers trade Justin Verlander, but right now, there doesn’t seem to be much of a market.
- The Cubs placed Jon Lester on the disabled list with lat tightness, forcing him to be sidelined for at least 10 days.
- Washington placed right-handed starter Max Scherzer on the 10-day disabled list with inflammation, the team announced. He was scheduled to start Friday night.
- Though he didn’t tell reporters what the injury was, Mark Melancon is thinking about undergoing surgery, according to Henry Schulman of The San Francisco Chronicle.
- There is a chance Cardinals reliever Trevor Rosenthal needs Tommy John surgery, but he is planning to get a second opinion to evaluate the ligament, according to Derrick Goold of The St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- The Angels claimed Noe Ramirez, the team announced.
- Right-hander Taylor Cole landed a minor league deal with the Blue Jays despite being cut by the team earlier this week.
- Marlins team president David Samson will not be retained under the new ownership group, according to ESPN’s Dan Le Batard.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2008, the Dodgers acquired Greg Maddux.