It’s very possible that Edinson Volquez has pitched not only his last game as a Marlin, but his last game ever. The 35-year old will go under the knife for Tommy John surgery, giving him a 12-16 month rehab time. The veteran was supposed to miss the rest of 2017 due to season due to knee tendinitis. However, the groove in the road is much worse, and he’ll have the UCL he tore during his rehab program repaired.
Volquez was sporting a 4.19 ERA and 81 strikeouts over 92.1 innings. He rehab timeline puts him back in Miami just as he’s finishing up his contract with the Marlins. His return to the Marlins will be weighed by the progress—or lack there of. Now it’s up to Jose Urena and Adam Conley
Check out what else is going down in the National League East:
- The Phillies have traded Joaquin Benoit to the Pirates.
- To shake up Atlanta’s lineup, Ozzie Albies has been called up by Braves, the first player born in 1997 to make it to the show.
- The Mets have promoted Chasen Bradford to the majors.
- Max Scherzer left last night’s start against the Marlins after experiencing neck spasms.
- The Phillies have traded Jeremy Hellickson to the Orioles.
- Sorry if your hopes were up because the Braves stood pat at trade deadline.
- Take a seat and get to know freshly called up Mets shortstop, Amed Rosario.
- Because the Marlins didn’t have enough woes, JT Riddle is also done for the year.
- The Nationals’ have traded for Twins’ closer Brandon Kintzler, finally get bullpen depth.
- Philadelphia has traded Howie Kendrick to the Nationals.
- The New York Mets have traded closer Addison Reed to the Red Sox.
- Miami netted two top prospects in the Ramos deal.