Texas outfielder Carlos Gomez was placed on the 10-day disabled list because of a shoulder cyst, the team announced.
It’s been a week since Gomez has appeared in a contest for the Rangers.
In his second season with the Rangers, Gomez is hitting .251/.339/.455 with 15 home runs and 42 RBIs over 86 games. He has also stolen 11 bases.
Phil Gosselin was recalled in the corresponding roster move, but the Rangers have several center field options to turn to until Gomez returns.
Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- The Angels have a pair of prospects on FanGraphs’ top-100 prospect list, which is not something that’s happened a lot in the past.
- It’s possible that the Astros and Tigers are still having talks with regard to a Justin Verlander trade, though it’s unclear how interested Houston is.
- Remember that Drew Pomeranz trade the Padres and Athletics made in 2015? It turned out to be a major deal.
- It’s a bit soon to discuss Marco Gonzales but it’s worth evaluating him early anyway.
- Umpires are wearing wristbands to protest Ian Kinsler’s comments, and a lot of people are talking about it.