The Reds have activated Scott Schebler from the 10-day disabled list. The right fielder is slashing .234/.312/.482 with 23 homers this year. He hit the DL after sustaining a shoulder injury while diving for a ball. Now that he’s active again, bring on the dingers.
In a different move, Cincinnati has placed RHP Scott Feldman on 10-day DL with knee inflammation. This is the second time this year Feldman has gone down with knee pain. That’s a lot of Scotts moving around in one day.
Here are what other fun news and rumors are floating around the National League Central:
- Good news for the Pirates: Tyler Glasnow is doing pretty well in Triple-A, so there’s that.
- Anthony Rizzo has been named the National League Player of the Week.
- Why is Carson Kelly on the Cardinals’ roster?
- Let’s check in on how the Brewers’ prospects are doing.
- These’s Pittsburgh bats may be a long way for the majors, but you’re going to want to keep an eye on them.
- The Cubs have acquired catcher Rene Rivera from the Mets.
- In case you haven’t satiated your craving for some delicious Statcast numbers, here’s a look at speed’s effect on base hits.
- Joey Votto isn’t done chasing his idol Ted Williams and magical on-base history.
- The Milwaukee Brewers have activated Chase Anderson and optioned Brandon Woodruff.
- This is how the Cubs can get along without Jon Lester for a pretty long chunk of time.
- Checking in on the Cardinals’ Rule 5 loss...or lack there of.
- Is Lewis Brinson injury prone?