The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made by the end of the waiver deadline this month. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League Central.
- Cleveland has placed Jason Kipnis on the disabled list for hamstring tightness.
- Cleveland has also placed Andrew Miller and Danny Salazar on the disabled list. Oh. No. Why is everyone over there made of glass?
- Diamondbacks’ catcher Jeff Mathis will head to the disabled list with a broken hand.
- Red Sox have placed Bradley Jr. on the disabled list with a sprained thumb.
- The Angels have signed Ernando Salas to a minor-league deal.
- The Dodgers have placed Cody Bellinger and Alex Wood on the disabled list.
- Tuesday was the 10th anniversary of one of baseball’s most ridiculous games.
- The Athletics have traded Rajai Davis to Red Sox.
- Trevor Rosenthal will have Tommy John surgery.
- Rich Hill lost a no-hitter on a Pirates walk-off home run in extra innings. If you’re gonna go down, I guess at least go down epically?
- Watch 13-year-old Jayce Blalock hit a home run at SunTrust Park. Preorder your jersey now.
- Justin Turner might shave his glorious beard if the Dodgers win the World Series.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1971, Ernie Banks hits the final home run of his career.