Gattis was placed on concussion watch after Corey Dickerson’s swing went a little rouge and knocked the catcher in the mask. The 31-year old is slashing .278/.330/.490 thus far this season with 11 home runs and 45 RBIs.
Max Stassi, fellow Houston catcher, has conveniently been placed on the 10-day disabled list for inflammation in his left hand (and also to clear a roster spot for Gattis without hitting waivers) (just saying).
Here’s what else is happening across the American League West:
- The Mariners have designated Leonys Martín for assignment. Now 29 other teams have the change to take a risk on his speed and $4.85M contract.
- Texas Rangers new stadium will be called, “Globe Life Field”, so let that sink in for a moment.
- The Athletics have traded Rajai Davis to Red Sox for Rafael Rincones.
- With their Strike Out Slavery initiative, Deidre and Albert Pujols are using MLB to fight human trafficking.
- Tony Zych has sustained a flexor bundle strain and was sent to 10-day disabled list.
- The Rangers are changing their pitching development approach.
- The Astros are shuffling around the roles of their front office.
- Oakland has sent Paul Blackburn to the 10-day disabled list.