Dayton is no stranger to the disabled list this season, taking three separate trips. Twice he lost time for a neck strain and and the final for an intercostal strain. Yet, no issue with his elbow until now.
In his 23.2 innings with the Dodgers this season, Dayton pitched 4.94 ERA with 20 strikeouts. Even though he’ll miss the rest of this year and a portion of 2018, the Dodgers have yet to count him out as a potential source of pitching depth for next season.
Here’s what else is going down in the National League West:
- Johnny Cueto is almost certainly coming back to San Francisco next year.
- Have a searing opinion on the Padres that you just need to tell someone? Here’s how to write a FanPost for Gaslamp Ball.
- Alexi Amarista and the problem of playing time.
- A road-map to the post-season for the Diamondbacks.
- Is Hunter Strickland any good or has the sadness just ravaged this Giants this much?
- 5 years later: Memories of the Nick Punto Trade™.
- Kyle Farmer has been recalled from OKC while pitcher Brock Stewart has been optioned.
- Pedro González is the player to be named later for Jonathon Lucroy.
- What factors affect Chase Field attendance?
- You can buy a shirt celebrating Giants Players Weekend nicknames since I’m sure that’s exactly what you wanted.