The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made by the end of the waiver deadline this month. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- The Rays have signed Danny Espinosa.
- Canada's other term for kickball is 'soccer baseball,' which ... makes sense.
- Rhys Hoskins is the only good part of the Phillies right now. Like, this is absolute insanity.
- The Dodgers have placed Cody Bellinger and Alex Wood on the disabled list.
- New York is unlikely to retain Terry Collins after this season.
- Yoenis Cespedes left Friday’s game with a leg injury, because it’s the Mets and that’s just what they do now.
- Bradley Zimmer lays out for one of the best catches of this MLB season.
- Trevor Rosenthal will have Tommy John surgery.
- The best part of MLB Players Weekend might be the cleats.
- Michael Conforto dislocated his shoulder during yesterday’s game and it didn’t look pretty.
- Justin Turner might shave his glorious beard if the Dodgers win the World Series.\
- Everything you need to know about the Cardinals’ Rally Cat custody battle because this is very important news, guys.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2011, Justin Verlander becomes the first pitcher to win 20 games before the start of September since Curt Schilling in 2002.