Less than 48 hours after activating him from the disabled this, the Pirates have placed Francisco Cervelli back onto it. Cervelli was on the 10-day disabled list after sustaining an injury to his left wrist but made his return to the show last Friday. Last Saturday, however, the tide had once again turned except this time for the veteran catcher’s left quad.
Elias Diaz, who was optioned to Triple-A to make room for Cervelli, has been called up. The poor guy probably has whiplash.
Here are what other news and rumors are floating around the National League Central:
- The Milwaukee Brewers have traded Paolo Espino to Rangers.
- It’s time to use Sam Tuivailala in high leverage situations.
- The Reds have an Eugenio Suarez-sized decision to make.
- Let’s take a look at how the Cubs minor leaugers are doing.
- There appears to be no market for Ryan Braun this summer, however Domingo Santana has drawn “considerable interest”.
- The Cardinals missed their chance to trade Trevor Rosenthal.
- This Reds rebuild will turn around at some point, right?
- An Arizona League Brewers’ player was hit by a pitch and suffered a cardiac emergency on the field yesterday.
- Pittsburgh is trying to get Jung-Ho Kang into the Dominican league.