The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
The devastation in Texas right now has reached catastrophic levels. One of the best things about baseball is how inherently human it is in its glorious unpredictability and power to unite millions of people from different background in one singular moment. Now, the most human thing to do is help the people of Texas recover. Here’s how to help Houston after Hurricane Harvey.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League East.
- In a huge and also somewhat befuddling deal, the Cardinals traded Mike Leake to Mariners.
- Beloved Twins’ closer Joe Nathan has announced his retirement.
- Toronto designated Nori Aoki for assignment.
- Just over 24-hours before the wavier deadline expired, the Reds pulled back Zack Cozart from revocable trade waivers.
- Mets outfielder Yoenis Cespedes will be sidelined for at least six weeks, meaning it’s likely that he appeared in his final game this season, according to The New York Times’ James Wagner .
- Diamondbacks’ Nick Ahmed has suffered a broken wrist.
- The Blue Jays pulled back J.A. Happ from revocable trade waivers.
- Stephen Strasburg is potentially a robot and not only pitched a shutout but also provided his own run support
- Royals’ Danny Duffy has been charged with a DUI.
- A back injury landed Dodgers pitcher Josh Fields on the disabled list.
- Tropicana Field’s dancing grounds crew guy is back to make you smile. Give this man a raise and an award.
August Waiver Trade Tracker
Full list of players on trade waivers
MLB Free Agent List
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1992, The A's trade Jose Canseco to the Rangers for Ruben Sierra.