The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
- You can find a recap of each team’s move leading up to the trade deadline here.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- Again, August trades are a thing. Here are 15 players who could be on the move this month.
- The Reds sent international pool cash to the Braves for outfielder Randy Ventura.
- The Angels designated Ramon Flores for assignment, the team announced.
- Jay Bruce has cleared waivers and now can be dealt, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
- Dylan Foro was sent from the Cubs to the Dodgers in a waiver deal.
- Tigers right-hander Justin Verlander cleared waivers, which means he could be mentioned in more rumors in the coming months, according to Anthony Fenech of The Detroit Free Press.
- Max Scherzer’s neck spasm issue seems to be under control, according to MASNsports’ Mark Zuckerman.
- There is still a chance Wei-Yin Chen can pitch in 2017, according to Tim Healey of The Sun Sentinel.
- Brewers catcher Jett Bandy has a fractured rib, according to Tom Haudricourt of The Milwaukee Journal.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2010, the Twins rallied to win after blowing a 6-0 lead against the Rays.