Cleveland signed left-hander Craig Breslow to a minor league deal, according to WEEI.com’s Rob Bradford.
Most recently, the Twins released the veteran left-hander.
Breslow struggled over 31 innings with the Twins, pitching to a 5.23 ERA and 5.02 FIP. Both of those marks are the highest he has posted since 2014.
Nonetheless, lefty Andrew Miller is currently on the disabled list, so the Indians don’t have much left-handed depth to turn to.
Breslow could receive an opportunity if Miller is sidelined for more time than initially expected.
Here’s the latest from around the American League Central:
- Things are looking good for Daniel Stumpf, who could be Detroit’s next high-leverage reliever.
- If he pitches well and clears waivers, White Sox right-hander Miguel Gonzalez could be moved this month.
- This seems to be a pretty common question: Who should be Minnesota’s new closer?
- Should the Royals bench Alex Gordon? Don’t be shocked if it ends up happening.
- With Andrew Miller momentarily unavailable, the Indians’ depth will be tested.