The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
- You can find a recap of each team’s move leading up to the trade deadline here.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League Central.
- The Indians signed left-hander Craig Breslow to a minor league contract.
- The Pirates acquired Sean Rodriguez, and with that, August trade season is underway.
- Jay Bruce and Curtis Granderson both cleared waivers, which means the Mets can explore trades should they be inclined to do so.
- Pittsburgh claimed George Kontos off waivers from the Giants.
- It seems Orioles right-hander Chris Tillman is set to pitch out of the bullpen, according to MASNsports.com’s Roch Kubatko.
- There is a chance the Yankees will place Matt Holliday on the disabled list, according to MLB.com’s Bryan Hoch.
- Right-hander Mike Bolsinger was designated for assignment by the Blue Jays, the team announced.
- Colorado placed Kyle Freeland on the 10-day disabled list Saturday, according to a team announcement.
- San Francisco placed Brandon Belt on the concussion disabled list, the team announced.
- Right biceps tendinitis has Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez on the disabled list.
- The Yankees, Phillies, Athletics and Marlins are among the teams on Jay Bruce’s no-trade list, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2006, the Mets signed David Wright to a six-year extension.