It’s no secret that the Braves sought top pitching depth in advance of last month’s non-waiver trade deadline. Atlanta was connected to several controllable arms leading up to July 31.
Tigers right-hander Michael Fulmer was among Atlanta’s targets last month, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
Fulmer, 24, was an All-Star this season and has had a notable amount of success. Over 140.1 innings, he’s pitched to a 3.59 ERA and 3.44 FIP. He isn’t eligible for free agency until 2023, which likely made him an attractive piece.
There is a chance the two teams discuss a potential deal again this winter, according to Rosenthal.
Here’s the latest from around the National League East:
- It’s been an interesting few months for the Phillies, and in the coming months, GM Matt Klentak has some decisions to make.
- What comes next for Marlins shortstop JT Riddle is unclear, but he could be in the club’s future plans at that position.
- Make no mistake — the Nationals checked on Brad Hand before the trade deadline.
- Jay Bruce did clear waivers, but there are some teams he isn’t open to being dealt to.
- Sean Rodriguez was sent to Pittsburgh in a trade Saturday.