The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
- You can find a recap of each team’s move leading up to the trade deadline here.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League East.
- The Indians signed left-hander Craig Breslow to a minor league contract.
- Willson Contreras is firing the Cubs back to the top of their division.
- The Pirates acquired Sean Rodriguez, and with that, August trade season is underway.
- Jay Bruce and Curtis Granderson both cleared waivers, which means the Mets can explore trades should they be inclined to do so.
- Pittsburgh claimed George Kontos off waivers from the Giants.
- The Mariners have acquired Yonder Alonso from the Athletics in exchange for Boog Powell.
- Bartolo Colon tossed a complete game at 44 years old because Big Sexy cannot be bothered with the notion of time and age.
- An MLB player born in 1997 hit a homer because time is a cruel mistress and we're all old now.
- Royals pitcher Nathan Karns kept a piece of his own rib after surgery, as one does.
- Right biceps tendinitis has Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez on the disabled list.
- The Yankees, Phillies, Athletics and Marlins are among the teams on Jay Bruce’s no-trade list, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2000, the Yankees claim Jose Canseco off waivers from the Devil Rays. The good ol’ days.