The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
- You can find a recap of each team’s move leading up to the trade deadline here.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- Which players are on trade waivers?
- Willson Contreras is firing the Cubs back to the top of their division.
- The Rangers were at the center of one of the biggest trades this deadline. Will it be enough to help their team in the long run?
- The Tigers and Astros have discussed Verlander this month, so there’s still a fair chance the veteran could be moved.
- Pittsburgh claimed George Kontos off waivers from the Giants.
- The Mariners have acquired Yonder Alonso from the Athletics in exchange for Boog Powell.
- The Astros had a very sneaky yet lucrative deadline.
- Here’s a look back at how the Angels handled the deadline.
- Bartolo Colon tossed a complete game at 44 years old because Big Sexy cannot be bothered with the notion of time and age.
- The Rockies have made a 4-year extension offer to Carlos Gonzalez.
- An MLB player born in 1997 hit a homer because time is a cruel mistress and we're all old now.
- Seattle likes to keep everyone on their toes and wait until the official trade deadline is over to make all of their moves.
- Right biceps tendinitis has Mariners right-hander Felix Hernandez on the disabled list.
- Time to take a look back at how the Athletics handled the trade deadline and if they really had any choice in dealing Sonny Gray.
- The Yankees, Phillies, Athletics and Marlins are among the teams on Jay Bruce’s no-trade list, according to FOX Sports’ Ken Rosenthal.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1982, the Yankees trade Bucky Dent to the Rangers for outfielder/first baseman Lee Mazzilli.