Michael Brantley exited last night’s game in the fifth inning with a right ankle sprain. Brantley made an attempt to field a ball but didn’t get far, visibly wincing in pain. This injury is one that the outfielder is quite familiar with. Brantley missed nearly two weeks in mid-June for the same issue. While Brantley hasn’t officially been moved to the DL yet, it’s likely that Abrahan Almonte will fill his spot in the roster.
Here’s what other news is buzzing across the American League Central:
- Miguel Sano has a pretty discernible problem at the plate.
- Should the Royals have moved to the National League?
- The White Sox have called up Reynaldo Lopez.
- Why Miguel Cabrera is ‘bad’ this year.
- Jason Kipnis will be activated this Sunday against Yankees.
- What Twins players are most and least likely to be traded on waivers?
- Get to know Cameron Gallagher, the Royals’ latest rookie catcher to the show.
- The Astros are still interested in Justin Verlander
- There’s something very wrong with Bryan Shaw.
- Who should be the Twins new closer?
- Salvador Perez has been placed on the disabled list with an intercostal strain.
- Daniel Stumpf could be the Tigers’ next high-leverage reliever.