The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans! Yes, the non-waiver trade deadline is behind us, but there are still deals to be made. Stay tuned to MLBDD for the latest.
- You can find a recap of each team’s move leading up to the trade deadline here.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League Central.
- Which players are on trade waivers?
- The Nationals finally got their closer this deadline.
- Miami dealt two of their biggest arms at the deadline. Will the return be worth it down the road?
- The Tigers and Astros have discussed Verlander this month, so there’s still a fair chance the veteran could be moved.
- Take a look back at what the Mets did at the deadline and if literally anything matters anymore.
- Did the Braves do enough in July?
- The Astros had a very sneaky yet lucrative deadline.
- Here’s a look back at how the Angels handled the deadline.
- Mariners’ pitchers Felix Hernandez and David Phelps will both miss time with arm injuries.
- The Rockies have made a 4-year extension offer to Carlos Gonzalez.
- The White Sox have called up highly touted prospect Reynaldo Lopez.
- An MLB player born in 1997 hit a homer because time is a cruel mistress and we're all old now.
- Seattle likes to keep everyone on their toes and wait until the official trade deadline is over to make all of their moves.
- The Cardinals had a quiet deadline, which was to be expected.
- Time to take a look back at how the Athletics handled the trade deadline and if they really had any choice in dealing Sonny Gray.
- The Reds shed a few extra arms this deadline, much to the relief of probably everyone.
2017 MLB Trade Deadline Team-By-Team Tracker
August Waiver Trade Tracker
Players are on trade waivers
MLB Free Agent List
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2002, Barry Bonds hits his 600th career home run.