The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
The devastation in Texas right now has reached catastrophic levels. One of the best things about baseball is how inherently human it is in its glorious unpredictability and power to unite millions of people from different background in one singular moment. Now, the most human thing to do is help the people of Texas recover. Here’s how to help Houston after Hurricane Harvey.
- Here’s the latest from around the National League East.
- So much for not being on a team in contention because the Cardinals have acquired Juan Nicasio.
- Giants’ Mark Melancon will have season-ending surgery.
- Which managers are on the hot seat after this season?
- The first contender is in the books! The Nationals have clinched the National League East title.
- Here’s how the Dodgers will pull out of their hilarious doom spiral.
- Byron Buxton made another ridiculous catch before slamming into the outfield wall and you really need to see it.
- The Reds are set to place Billy Hamilton on the disabled list with a fractured left thumb.
- Mets’ Wilmer Flores is out for the season with a broken nose. #MetsLuck.
- MLB teams are stepping up to help a 7-year old girl accomplish her 1st-pitch dreams. You’re going to need some tissues.
- The Twins are celebrating Bartolo Colon with a Big Sexy Night at the ballpark so get your road trip plans ready because only a psycho would miss this.
- What baseball would be talking about if the first half didn’t exist.
- Let’s look at pictures of good dogs dressed as tigers watching baseball.
September Call-Up Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1969, the Mets move into first place for the first time in their history. It was also the last (not really) (but it feels like it).