The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
The devastation in Texas right now has reached catastrophic levels. One of the best things about baseball is how inherently human it is in its glorious unpredictability and power to unite millions of people from different background in one singular moment. Now, the most human thing to do is help the people of Texas recover. Here’s how to help Houston after Hurricane Harvey.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- Bradley Zimmer has suffered a broken hand after a head first slide.
- Giants’ Mark Melancon will have season-ending surgery.
- Which managers are on the hot seat after this season?
- The first contender is in the books! The Nationals have clinched the National League East title.
- Here’s how the Dodgers will pull out of their hilarious doom spiral.
- Byron Buxton made another ridiculous catch before slamming into the outfield wall and you really need to see it.
- Tigers' Michael Fulmer will undergo season-ending surgery.
- Mariners’ Jarrod Dyson will have pelvic surgery, thus missing the rest of the season.
- Athletics’ young pitcher Jharel Cotton is raising money for Hurricane Irma relief efforts throughout the Virgin Islands.
- The Twins are celebrating Bartolo Colon with a Big Sexy Night at the ballpark so get your road trip plans ready because only a psycho would miss this.
- Aaron Judge is the second MLB rookie ever to hit 40 home runs. So say what you will about his slump but that’s still pretty darn impressive.
- Darwin Barney struggled hilariously trying to slide into third base. Just to lighten up your morning a smidge.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1976, at age 53, Minnie Minoso becomes the oldest player to get a hit in a regular season game.