While in Double-A, the native Venezuelan posted an impressive 0.77 ERA with a matching 0.77 WHIP and recording 87 strikeouts over 58.1 innings.
In a corresponding move, the team has designated Engelb Vielma for assignment. The 23-year old shortstop is expected to clear waivers but will likely hang around with the Twins for a little longer.
Here’s what else is happening across the American League Central:
- Seriously, no one panic because it’s far too early to worry about Joe Jimenez.
- Here’s more on Roberto Perez’s surprising hot streak.
- The Royals have claimed pitcher Mike Morin off of waivers.
- Tim Anderson is back where he started for the White Sox and honestly it’s not the worst thing to happen.
- Michael Fulmer will have season ending have elbow surgery.
- Pop the bubbly, Cleveland has tied the American League record, previously set by the Athletics, with 20th-straight win.
- Danny Duffy hints at the very glaring need to address his elbow injury during this upcoming off-season.
- Yolmer Sanchez took Todd Frazier’s place in Chicago.
- Tyler Collins rejoins Tigers for added depth.
- Could Jason Kipnis be heading to centerfield for Cleveland?
- The Royals nearly landed the top prospect in baseball. How’d they like Ronald Acuna slip between their fingers?