The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
The devastation in Texas right now has reached catastrophic levels. One of the best things about baseball is how inherently human it is in its glorious unpredictability and power to unite millions of people from different background in one singular moment. Now, the most human thing to do is help the people of Texas recover. Here’s how to help Houston after Hurricane Harvey.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League Central.
- Cleveland centerfielder Bradley Zimmer is out 6-8 weeks with a broken hand.
- The Marlins will play their next ‘home’ series at Miller Park in Milwaukee because of Hurricane Irma.
- Which managers are on the hot seat after this season?
- The Rangers have called up Willie Calhoun.
- The Royals have claimed pitcher Mike Morin off of waivers from Angels.
- The Mets and Brewers have officially completed the Neil Walker trade.
- Gio Gonzalez will be heading back to the Nationals in 2018.
- Shohei Otani will play in majors in 2018.
- And the “Japanese Babe Ruth” may have hitting more exciting than his pitching.
- Athletics’ young pitcher Jharel Cotton is raising money for Hurricane Irma relief efforts throughout the Virgin Islands.
- Word on the street is that Jonathan Lucroy is interested in Rockies reunion. Guess you never know what cha got ‘till it’s gone.
- Aaron Judge is the second MLB rookie ever to hit 40 home runs. So say what you will about his slump but that’s still pretty darn impressive.
- Cleveland ties the MLB record with their 21st consecutive win. This is insanity.
- Praise whoever is up there: the Dodgers finally snap their losing streak with win over Giants.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1990, Ken Griffey and Ken Griffey Jr. become the first father and son to hit homers in the same major league game.