The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
The devastation in Texas right now has reached catastrophic levels. One of the best things about baseball is how inherently human it is in its glorious unpredictability and power to unite millions of people from different background in one singular moment. Now, the most human thing to do is help the people of Texas recover. Here’s how to help Houston after Hurricane Harvey.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League East.
- Cleveland centerfielder Bradley Zimmer is out 6-8 weeks with a broken hand.
- The Marlins will play their next ‘home’ series at Miller Park in Milwaukee because of Hurricane Irma.
- Which managers are on the hot seat after this season?
- The Red Sox have activated David Price from the disabled list.
- The Royals have claimed pitcher Mike Morin off of waivers from Angels.
- Cleveland has set the record for MLB all-time win streak with an extra innings walk-off thriller because it’s not quality baseball if it’s not incredibly cinematic.
- Gio Gonzalez will be heading back to the Nationals in 2018.
- Shohei Otani will play in majors in 2018.
- And the “Japanese Babe Ruth” may have hitting more exciting than his pitching.
- Athletics’ young pitcher Jharel Cotton is raising money for Hurricane Irma relief efforts throughout the Virgin Islands.
- Word on the street is that Jonathan Lucroy is interested in Rockies reunion. Guess you never know what cha got ‘till it’s gone.
- This Phillies fan might regret offering to buy everyone chicken nuggets if Rhys Hoskins homered again. Never bet against Rhys. Never.
- Tommy Pham is the latest to join MLB’s 20 HR / 20 SB club. Do they give out t-shirts?
- The Tigers have been mathematically eliminated from the MLB playoffs.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2007, Prince Fielder's 46th home run establishes a Brewers franchise record.