The Cubs have had a pretty eventful weekend in Wrigley. Willson Contreras has been suspended for two games following Friday’s issues against the Cardinals. He’ll remain active while his appeal on the matter is pending.
The Cubs have also activated Addison Russell from the disabled list, who homered in his pinch hit return to the field. Talk about proving that you’re feeling better. Russell had a rough start to the season, but hit his stride just after the All-Star game. The shortstop landed on the disabled list after straining his right foot.
Chicago is currently leading the National League Central and are on a red hot six game win streak.
Here’s what other news and rumors are happening in the National League Central:
- The Pirates have outrighted Drew Hutchinson to Triple-A Indianapolis.
- Brewers’ Jimmy Nelson will have shoulder surgery on Tuesday.
- Tommy Pham is the Cardinals first player to achieve a 20/20 since Reggie Sanders.
- Joey Votto is on the cusp of something he’s never done before.
- PNC Park has ranked highly amongst fans as one of the best ballparks in the country.
- Jen-Ho Tseng might just be the pitcher the Cubs need.
- The Brewers will send pitchers Jon Perrin, Adrian Houser, Nate Griep, and Quintin Torres-Costa to represent Milwaukee in the Arizona Fall League.
- Carlos Martinez has made an adjustment to his changeup.
- The Reds are finally seeing improvements from their rookie starting pitchers.
- Here’s how you can register for a chance to buy Cubs postseason tickets.
- The Milwaukee Brewers have purchased the contract of Aaron Wilkerson and designated Yadiel Rivera for assignment.
- Here’s what to make of Matt Carpenter’s first base defense.