The Double-A Mississippi utility man slashed .222/.319/.340 across two levels, however beyond majority of those games were played in Double-A. The 25-year old is no stranger to being traded, as this is his second relocation of the year. Joe was sent to the Braves from the Pirates as a part of the Sean Rodriguez deal.
This gives the Dodgers a little more depth to play around with as they begin to form what their defense could look like next season. Joe has played most of his games in right field or first base, while also seeing action behind the plate in the Cape Cod league.
Here’s what other news and rumors are going down in the National League West:
- These are a few tiebreaker scenarios potentially involving the Rockies.
- Yu Darvish is finally finding his comfort zone in Los Angeles.
- This is the glaring problem the Giants will have to handle with trading Joe Panik.
- J.D. Martinez is having the best hitting month in Arizona Diamondbacks history.
- Padres attendance is down 9%. Huh, wonder why? Let’s all be shocked together.
- Who should be the National League MVP?
- If the Giants don’t want Shohei Ohtani to be a two-way player, they’re cancelled for next season, move along.
- Congratulations, Arizona Diamondbacks: you’re officially in the post-season.
- Petco Park will install extended netting to improve fan protection.
- Clayton Kershaw is the first Dodgers pitcher with seven 200-strikeout seasons. So basically, a pretty big deal.
- The Giants claimed Pierce Johnson off waivers and basically took advantage of the worst record in baseball.