The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
The devastation in Texas right now has reached catastrophic levels. One of the best things about baseball is how inherently human it is in its glorious unpredictability and power to unite millions of people from different background in one singular moment. Now, the most human thing to do is help the people of Texas recover. Here’s how to help Houston after Hurricane Harvey.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League West.
- Rangers third baseman Adrian Beltre will be sidelined for at least four weeks, which means there’s a chance he doesn’t appear in another game this season.
- New York’s outfield hasn’t been able to remain healthy this season, so the Mets signed Nori Aoki.
- Miguel Cabrera will be suspended for six games because of his involvement in an August brawl, the Tigers announced.
- Angels pitcher JC Ramirez seems set to miss the rest of this season, according to Jeff Fletcher of The Orange County Register.
- Reds manager Bryan Price is set to remain the team’s skipper next season, according to C. Trent Rosecrans of The Cincinnati Enquirer.
- It seems there is a chance the Blue Jays attempt to move Josh Donaldson this winter, according to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe.
- The Yankees could try to trade Jacoby Ellsbury this offseason with their outfield plans seemingly clear, according to Cafardo.
- Detroit is set to place Victor Martinez on the 60-day disabled list, according to MLB.com’s Jason Beck.
- Shawn O’Malley was designated for assignment by the Mariners, according to Ryan Divish of The Seattle Times.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2010, Stephen Strasburg underwent Tommy John surgery.