It’s unclear which course of action the Orioles will choose, but there are two different approaches they can take to Manny Machado’s future, according to Nick Cafardo of The Boston Globe.
Baltimore could attempt to trade Machado this offseason, according to the report, but might be more inclined to do so if the team is not able to reach a new agreement with him.
Machado is hitting .273/.325/.503 with 30 home runs and 88 RBIs and has proven to be a core piece for the Orioles.
Here’s the latest from around the American League East.
- It hasn’t been the best of stretches for Aaron Judge, but he is not missing by a whole lot.
- We’re at the point in the season where you have probably built a steady opinion with regard to the Red Sox, but nonetheless, it’s been a pretty good year.
- A forearm injury has plagued Chris Archer at this point, which is never good this late in the season.
- Marcus Stroman left a game prematurely after being struck by a line drive.
- The Orioles probably would have liked to add pitching depth last month but missed out on Miguel Gonzalez.