The Pirates have sent Josh Harrison to the 10-day disabled list for a broken bone in his left hand. Harrison was hit by a pitch in the fifth inning of Saturday’s game against the Reds.
Harrison was slashing .272/.339/.432 on the year for Pittsburgh and was a member of this year’s All-Star team. While this shortage could have been devastating if the Pirates were in contention, at 4th place in the National League Central their hearts will go on for the time being.
In the 29-year old’s place, the Pirates have called up Chris Bostick from Triple-A Indianapolis.
Check out what else is going on in the National League Central:
- The Milwaukee Brewers have activated catcher Jett Bandy from the disabled list.
- This is the aftermath of the Cardinals’ Mike Leake trade.
- The Cincinnati Reds have picked up a 2018 option on manager Bryan Price.
- The Cubs have activated Jon Lester and removed Jack Leathersich from the 40-man roster.
- The Pirates have reinstatedJoaquin Benoit and Wade LeBlanc.
- Soo...what’s gonna happen with the Reds’ bullpen?