After suffering a set back in recovery for his groin injury, Washington’s rookie outfielder Brian Goodwin is reportedly out for season. This speed bump is what led the team to call up highly anticipated prospect Victor Robles.
Washington’s outfield had been plagued with injury all season, from Adam Eaton to most recently Bryce Harper. Goodwin’s bat will be a loss to the lineup too, the 26-year old slashing .251/.313/.498 with 13 home runs. Robles will likely be Washington’s backup outfielder while the rest of their depth...well, recovers. While there’s a chance Goodwin could be healed for an NLDS run, it’s more likely that the Nationals use Robles in his place.
Here’s what other news and rumors are going down across the National League East:
- The evolution of Ronald Acuña into a superstar prospect.
- The Atlanta Braves are giving out free tickets to the Marlins/Braves Series for Florida residents in light of Hurricane Irma.
- The Phillies surprisingly (and yet, also not surprisingly) trade Juan Nicasio to the Cardinals.
- Michael Conforto’s recovery from surgery is expected to take six months.
- Is Rio Ruiz an option as a full-time starter for the Braves in 2018?
- The Nationals have called up top prospect Victor Robles.
- The Marlins payroll is going to be cut, and that’s OK.
- Odubel Herrera and Aaron Altherr are back for the Phillies...sort of.
- T.J. Rivera will have Tommy John surgery.
- For the love of all that is good and baseball, the Braves should sit Freddie Freeman.
- Bryce Harper is making strides towards a return, but don’t celebrate too quickly.