The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Good morning baseball fans!
Have you entered our mock GM contest yet? Put yourself in the driver’s seat for your favorite team and you could win a sweet prize. Check it out here for the complete contest details and rules.
The devastation in Texas right now has reached catastrophic levels. One of the best things about baseball is how inherently human it is in its glorious unpredictability and power to unite millions of people from different background in one singular moment. Now, the most human thing to do is help the people of Texas recover. Here’s how to help Houston after Hurricane Harvey.
- Here’s the latest from around the American League East.
- So much for not being on a team in contention because the Cardinals have acquired Juan Nicasio.
- The Nationals have promoted highly anticipated prospect Victor Robles to the majors.
- The Indians win streak means a local company has to give $1.7 million back to fans. Yikes.
- Will Middlebrooks is the first to ever hit a pinch-hit triple in both games of a doubleheader.
- The Red Sox cheated by using an Apple Watch to steal signs from the Yankees. There’s a lot to unpack here but mostly it’s that the Red Sox should be harshly punished for buying an Apple Watch.
- MLB’s punishment for the aforementioned Red Sox sign stealing case will be nothing more but a ‘slap on the wrist’. You hear that kids? Cheat all you want!
- The Reds are set to place Billy Hamilton on the disabled list with a fractured left thumb.
- Mets’ Wilmer Flores is out for the season with a broken nose. #MetsLuck.
- MLB teams are stepping up to help a 7-year old girl accomplish her 1st-pitch dreams. You’re going to need some tissues.
- Giants’ reliever Mark Melancon will undergo arm surgery.
- What baseball would be talking about if the first half didn’t exist.
- Let’s look at pictures of good dogs dressed as tigers watching baseball.
September Call-Up Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2002, Rafael Palmeiro's homer establishes a new major league record with a Ranger player hitting a home run in 26 consecutive games.