The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here. How many of our predicted moves do you think could still happen?
- The Nationals are interested in pitcher Lance Lynn.
- The Astros have engaged with the Pirates on a possible deal for Gerrit Cole.
- The Blue Jays have acquired Yangervis Solarte.
- After a 14-year career in the majors, Justin Morneau has retired.
- Stove alert: the Orioles have met with pitcher Andrew Cashner.
- The Brewers have signed Christian Bethancourt to a minor-league deal.
- The Red Sox declined the Dodgers’ Jackie Bradley Jr. for Yasiel Puig trade offer. Yeah, we had to read that a few times too.
- Ha ha ha, no ... the Cubs are not about to sign Lorenzo Cain.
- Let’s check on the stove for a second: the Blue Jays and Rangers are among other teams that are all in on Christian Yelich.
- The Red Sox want J.D. Martinez to DH, but there’s a catch.
- The Mets are interested in both Mike Moustakas and Todd Frazier.
- Hot take alert: we don’t need a unanimous Hall of Fame election.
- The Brewers and Boone Logan have agreed a to 1-year deal.
- After 5-year odyssey, Daniel Bard calls it a career.
- Dick Lovelady doesn’t have a problem with your jokes, but his name is Richard.
- Please update your best baseball names list.
- The Padres are have signed Japanese pitcher Kazuhisa Makita.
- Who belongs in MLB’s Hall of Fame? Vote in Beyond the Box Score’s poll today!
- The Padres have re-signed Craig Stammen to a 2-year deal.
- The Hall of Fame case for Omar Vizquel.
- The Padres are keeping the stove warm for us, so bless their hearts.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017-2018 Winter Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2002, Yankees sign White Sox free-agent southpaw David Wells to a two-year, $7-million contract.