The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here. How many of our predicted moves do you think could still happen?
- The Nationals are interested in pitcher Lance Lynn.
- The Astros have engaged with the Pirates on a possible deal for Gerrit Cole.
- The Blue Jays have acquired Yangervis Solarte.
- After a 14-year career in the majors, Justin Morneau has retired.
- Stove alert: the Orioles have met with pitcher Andrew Cashner.
- The Brewers have signed Christian Bethancourt to a minor-league deal.
- Marlins’ Starlin Castro wants to be traded. Let’s all take a moment to be quietly shocked at this.
- Ha ha ha, no ... the Cubs are not about to sign Lorenzo Cain.
- The Brewers have signed J.J. Hoover to a minor-league deal.
- The Red Sox want J.D. Martinez to DH, but there’s a catch.
- So it turns out the Astros are not close to a Gerrit Cole trade after all.
- Hot take alert: we don’t need a unanimous Hall of Fame election.
- The Mets have signed Jay Bruce to a 3-year deal.
- After 5-year odyssey, Daniel Bard calls it a career.
- Dick Lovelady doesn’t have a problem with your jokes, but his name is Richard.
- Please update your best baseball names list.
- Yu Darvish is considering the Yankees, Cubs, Rangers, Astros, and Twins.
- Who belongs in MLB’s Hall of Fame? Vote in Beyond the Box Score’s poll today!
- The Yankees finally announce plans to expand protective netting months after a fan was injured.
- The Hall of Fame case for Omar Vizquel.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2001, David Cone agrees to a one-year contract with the Red Sox.