The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here. How many of our predicted moves do you think could still happen?
- Yowza, the Mets and Cleveland came close to a Jason Kipnis trade, but sadly, no dice.
- The Blue Jays have avoided arbitration with Josh Donaldson with a record deal.
- Both the Red Sox and the Diamondbacks remain in play for J.D. Martinez.
- Okay everyone, now for real this time: the Pirates have traded pitcher Gerrit Cole to the Astros.
- The White Sox have signed Miguel Gonzalez to a 1-year deal.
- Marlins’ Starlin Castro wants to be traded. Let’s all take a moment to be quietly shocked at this.
- The Padres have signed Brad Hand to a 3-year extension.
- The Brewers have signed J.J. Hoover to a minor-league deal.
- We made a playlist to represent this slow, agonizing, empty, tumbleweed-filled ghost town of an MLB offseason.
- The Twins have signed Addison Reed to a 2-year deal.
- The Mets have signed Jay Bruce to a 3-year deal.
- The Nationals have signed Edwin Jackson to a minor-league deal, ruining the hopes of everyone looking to see if he’ll break the MLB most teamed played for record.
- The Athletics are interested in Tony Watson and Brian Duensing. Not to be confused with The Athletic, which hopefully neither of them will be signing with.
- Lance Lynn really shouldn’t be looking for a job in January.
- Yu Darvish is considering the Yankees, Cubs, Rangers, Astros, and Twins.
- Speak of the devil, huh? Turns out that the Yankees have made an offer to Yu Darvish.
- The Yankees finally announce plans to expand protective netting months after a fan was injured.
- The arbitration deadline passed, which means something actually happened.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017-2018 Winter Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1981, Frank Robinson is named manager of the Giants.