The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here. How many of our predicted moves do you think could still happen?
- The Cardinals’ Yadier Molina plans to retire after his contract is up in 2020.
- The Yankees have signed Wade LeBlanc to a minor-league deal.
- Things in Miami have gone for bad to worse to a total and complete disaster. Christian Yelich has a ‘broken’ relationship with Marlins.
- Okay everyone, now for real this time: the Pirates have traded pitcher Gerrit Cole to the Astros.
- The unique sadness of the Andrew McCutchen trade.
- The Mets have signed veteran Adrian Gonzalez.
- The Padres have signed Brad Hand to a 3-year extension.
- The Nationals have re-signed Howie Kendrick to a 2-year deal.
- Miami-Dade County originally told Marlins ownership the home run sculpture ‘is not movable’, but now the mayor wants it gone.
- The Twins have signed Addison Reed to a 2-year deal.
- Flaming Stove Alert! The Pirates have traded franchise stronghold Andrew McCutchen to the Giants.
- A top free agent is ready to sit out part of the season if teams continue to offer undervalued deals.
- The Athletics are interested in Tony Watson and Brian Duensing. Not to be confused with The Athletic, which hopefully neither of them will be signing with.
- The MLBPA might let MLB implement pace of play without a fight.
- The Pirates have signed Felipe Rivero to a 4-year extension.
- Hideki Matsui was elected to the Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame.
- The Blue Jays have signed Curtis Granderson to a 1-year deal.
- The arbitration deadline passed, which means something actually happened.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017-2018 Winter Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2012, Cole Hamels and the Phillies come to terms on a $15 million, one-year contract.