The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here. How many of our predicted moves do you think could still happen?
- The Giants are ‘expected’ to be in mix for Bryce Harper next winter. Does no one else see the awkwardness here?
- We’re not going to sugar coat it—the stove is so cold it’s actually a freezer. But is there light at the end of this frigid tunnel? These are the one remaining free-agent fit for every team.
- The Royals have re-signed Alcides Escobar.
- The Mets have re-signed veteran infielder Jose Reyes.
- As reported by our Sports Boy Wonder Chris Cotillo, the Chicago White Sox have signed Xavier Cedeno to a minor-league deal.
- HOT STOVE ALERT, HOT STOVE ALERT: The Marlins have traded young franchise piece Christian Yelich to the Brewers.
- A look back at Jonathan Singleton’s $10 million extension from 2014.
- Why the MLBPA is suspicious about the Marlins’ and Pirates’ revenue-sharing practices.
- Could another Marlin be leaving Miami soon? The Nationals and the Marlins are discussing J.T. Realmuto. Damnit Jeter.
- The Giants have signed Chris Heston to a minor-league deal.
- The Brewers have signed Lorenzo Cain to a five-year deal.
- Vladimir Guerrero will be the first player to wear an Angels hat on his Hall of Fame plaque.
- BATTLE STATIONS EVERYONE: Yu Darvish is ‘increasingly likely’ to sign this week.
- The Brewers need to dump some players after going on such a buying spree. Now they’re shopping Domingo Santana and Brett Phillips.
- Despite rumors claiming the opposite, Chris Archer expects to stay with Rays.
- The Royals have signed Ryan Goins to a minor-league deal.
- Just when we thought things were cut and dry, the Phillies have expressed interest in Yu Darvish. Sigh.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017-2018 Winter Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1999, Carlos Baerga signs a one-year contract with the Cardinals.