The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here. How many of our predicted moves do you think could still happen?
Happy New Year, Dishers! May 2018 bring you good health, good memories, and good baseball.
- The Brewers are showing interest in Alex Cobb.
- The Yankees are now targeting Yu Darvish.
- Grant Brisbee presents...Grant Brisbee’s 10 favorite Grant Brisbee articles from 2017. Co authored by Grant Brisbee, produced by Grant Brisbee, with help from intern Grant Brisbee.
- How much players get paid for playoff runs.
- The Cardinals are pursuing intangible legend Eric Hosmer.
- Huge move alert: the Rockies have signed Wade Davis to a 3-year deal.
- The Astros are officially targeting Jonathan Lucroy and J.T. Realmuto.
- Wade Davis has earned the largest relief pitcher contract ever.
- Yankees fans shouldn’t write off Greg Bird.
- The Giants and Braves are amongst other teams interested in Fernando Abad. Honestly the move wouldn’t be...Abad one.
- The Padres reportedly made Eric Hosmer a 7-year offer and holy heck can I have Scott Boras just run my life from now on.
- The and Brewers and Boone Logan are in talks for a deal.
- Pssssssst. Looking for a sick writing gig? Pinstripe Alley is looking for a new site manager.
- Bold predictions for the Marlins in 2018.
- The Phillies are interested in Marlins’ Christian Yelich.
- Does a trade involving Roberto Osuna make sense for the Blue Jays?
- The Padres have signed Tyson Ross to a minor-league deal.
- San Diego has set their phasers to stove. The Padres have signed RHP Chris Young to a minor-league deal.
- The Red Sox reportedly made a 5-year offer to J.D. Martinez.
- Are the Yankees backing away from Jordan Montgomery?
- Both the Cubs and Cardinals are showing interest in free agent Jake Arrieta.
- An introduction to the Australian Baseball League, in case the offseason has bored you to tears.
- The Red Sox are showing 'continued interest' in Manny Machado if the Orioles are willing to deal him.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017-2018 Winter Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 1920, the secret deal made on December 26 to sell Babe Ruth to New York for $125,000 is announced publicly.