The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
We hope you’re staying warm, East Coast. Just in time, the stove temperature is starting to tick upwards...
Check out all of our offseason previews here. How many of our predicted moves do you think could still happen?
- Gasp, could it be? The Mets and Pirates have discussed a deal for Andrew McCutchen. You hear that, Mets Twitter? Finally, it’s about you.
- Details on Eric Hosmer’s offers from the Padres and Royals have emerged.
- Padres or Royals? The pros and cons of where Eric Hosmer could sign.
- How much players get paid for playoff runs.
- The Cardinals are pursuing intangible legend Eric Hosmer.
- The Brewers and Rangers are both interested in Lorenzo Cain.
- Could another big name be moved? The Pirates and Giants have recently discussed a deal for Andrew McCutchen.
- Wade Davis has earned the largest relief pitcher contract ever.
- Yankees fans shouldn’t write off Greg Bird.
- The Giants and Braves are amongst other teams interested in Fernando Abad. Honestly the move wouldn’t be...Abad one.
- The Padres reportedly made Eric Hosmer a 7-year offer and holy heck can I have Scott Boras just run my life from now on.
- It’s about damn time for the Twins to cash in.
- Pssssssst. Looking for a sick writing gig? Pinstripe Alley is looking for a new site manager.
- Bold predictions for the Marlins in 2018.
- The Braves have shown interest in Christian Yelich, J.T. Realmuto.
- The Angels have signed Jose Miguel Fernandez to a minor-league deal.
- The Red Sox reportedly made a 5-year offer to J.D. Martinez.
- The World Series champion Astros have reportedly accepted an invitation to visit the White House.
- Both the Cubs and Cardinals are showing interest in free agent Jake Arrieta.
- An introduction to the Australian Baseball League, in case the offseason has bored you to tears.
- Stove, is that you? We’ll take it at this point. In an offseason tease, Scott Alexander has been sent to the Dodgers, while Joakim Soria is headed to the White Sox in a 3-team trade.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017-2018 Winter Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2011, Adrian Beltre agrees to a $96 million, six-year deal with the Rangers.