The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
- The Dodgers have resigned Chase Utley to a two year deal.
- The Giants, Phillies and Red Sox are all engaging in talks with Tony Watson.
- The Marlins have reportedly talked to Melky Cabrera and Jon Jay.
- The MLBPA is having its own spring training, and signed players will show up for support.
- Cleveland has signed Ryan Hanigan to a minor-league deal.
- The Blue Jays have signed Craig Breslow to a minor-league deal.
- The Diamondbacks are getting ‘creative’ in J.D. Martinez talks.
- The Twins have signed Chris Heisey to a minor-league deal.
- Lest we be salty, the Cubs apparently made ‘one last call’ to Jake Arrieta. So I guess that’s closure?
- The Braves have signed Chris Stewart to a 1-year deal.
- The Giants have signed Derek Holland to a minor-league deal.
- A six-man rotation could be in the future for Shohei Ohtani and the Angels.
- The White Sox have signed pitcher Hector Santiago.
- The Cubs have signed Shae Simmons to a 1-year deal.
- Are the Red Sox letting J.D. Martinez slip through their fingers?
- The Brewers, Twins, Cardinals and Angels are
all in a vicious bloodbath forin on Rays’ Jake Odorizzi.
- The Twins have made a recent offer for Rays’ Chris Archer. They’re not about this slow offseason either.
- The Rangers have signed veteran Trevor Plouffe to a minor-league deal.
- The Blue Jays will retire number 32 on Opening Day in honor of Roy Halladay.
- Back at it again with the negotiations. The Padres are resuming their talks with Eric Hosmer.
- The Brewers have signed Wade Miley to a minor-league deal.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On February 15th, 2012, the Rays and Joe Maddon agree to a three-year contract extension .