The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
- The Dodgers have resigned Chase Utley to a two year deal.
- The Giants, Phillies and Red Sox are all engaging in talks with Tony Watson.
- The Marlins have reportedly talked to Melky Cabrera and Jon Jay.
- The Phillies have signed Drew Hutchison to a minor-league deal.
- Mariners’ Ryon Healy will be out 4-6 weeks with a hand injury.
- The Mets have a ‘solid interest’ in Jason Vargas.
- The Diamondbacks are getting ‘creative’ in J.D. Martinez talks.
- The Twins have signed Chris Heisey to a minor-league deal.
- The Reds have signed Cliff Pennington to a minor-league deal.
- The Braves have signed Chris Stewart to a 1-year deal.
- The Rangers have signed Seung-hwan Oh.
- A six-man rotation could be in the future for Shohei Ohtani and the Angels.
- The White Sox have signed pitcher Hector Santiago.
- The Cubs have signed Shae Simmons to a 1-year deal.
- Are the Red Sox letting J.D. Martinez slip through their fingers?
- The Brewers have signed Nick Franklin to a minor-league deal.
- The Blue Jays have signed veteran pitcher Jaime Garcia.
- Boston has fixed their third base vacancy...again. The Red Sox will bring back Eduardo Nunez on a 1-year deal.
- The Orioles have signed Andrew Cashner to 2-year deal.
- Back at it again with the negotiations. The Padres are resuming their talks with Eric Hosmer.
- The Brewers have signed Wade Miley to a minor-league deal.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On February 16th, 2001, Mariano Rivera signs a four-year, $40M contract with the Yankees.