The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen last week’s FanPost Friday? We want to know: What do you think of the free agent spring training camp?
- The Mets have signed pitcher Jason Vargas.
- THE STOVE IS ABLAZIN’! One of the biggest free agents this winter is officially off the market. The Padres have signed Eric Hosmer to an 8-year deal. Wowza.
- The Diamondbacks have signed Jorge De La Rosa to a minor-league deal.
- The Phillies have signed Drew Hutchison to a minor-league deal.
- Mariners’ Ryon Healy will be out 4-6 weeks with a hand injury.
- The Rangers have signed pitcher Edinson Volquez.
- The Twins have signed Anibal Sanchez to a one-year deal. This is not a joke.
- The Cardinals have signed Jason Motte to a minor-league deal.
- The Phillies have signed Fernando Abad to a minor-league deal. Really not...a-bad move from Philadelphia. Please stop throwing things at me.
- The Reds have signed Cliff Pennington to a minor-league deal.
- Cleveland has signed Rajai Davis to a minor-league deal.
- The Rangers have signed Seung-hwan Oh.
- A six-man rotation could be in the future for Shohei Ohtani and the Angels.
- The Giants have signed reliever Tony Watson.
- The Yankees and Manny Machado share mutual interest for the young star to make it to the Bronx next fall.
- The Brewers have signed Nick Franklin to a minor-league deal.
- The Blue Jays have signed veteran pitcher Jaime Garcia.
- Boston has fixed their third base vacancy...again. The Red Sox will bring back Eduardo Nunez on a 1-year deal.
- The Orioles have signed Andrew Cashner to 2-year deal.
- The Rays have acquired CJ Cron and designated Corey Dickerson for assignment.
- Oh, and they’re not quite done yet. The Rays have traded Jake Odorizzi to the Twins.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On February 18th, 1999, the Blue Jays trade Roger Clemens to the Yankees for Graeme Lloyd, Homer Bush, and David Wells.