The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here. How many of our predicted moves do you think could still happen?
- The Brewers have signed Matt Albers to a 2-year deal.
- The Diamondbacks have signed catcher Alex Avila.
- Former number one overall draft pick Mark Appel will step away from baseball.
- Red Sox’ Mookie Betts has won his arbitration case.
- The Rockies are interested in Todd Frazier to fill their first base vacancy.
- Yes, Eric Hosmer is still pushing for a 7+ year deal. Meanwhile I can’t commit to a toothpaste brand for longer than three months.
- Norichika Aoki has signed with the Yakult Swallows in Japan after six years in the MLB.
- The Cubs have signed Peter Bourjos to a minor-league deal.
- The Nationals have signed Miguel Montero to a minor-league deal.
- The Reds have signed David Hernandez to a 2-year deal.
- Of course the Brewers recently checked in with Rays on Chris Archer, because they’re just as bored as we are this offseason.
- The White Sox have signed Jeanmar Gomez to a minor-league deal.
- The White Sox have signed Bruce Rondon to a minor-league deal, because they’re just rakin’ up all the minor-league contracts they can get their hands on.
- The Rangers sign have signed Jon Niese to a minor-league deal.
- The Orioles, Marlins, Pirates, and Royals are all in on Melky Cabrera. I guess that’s the mark of a slow winter, huh? Either that or it’s suddenly 2009 again.
- The Phillies have signed Adam Rosales to a minor-league deal.
- The Giants have signed Andres Blanco to a minor-league deal.
- MLB keeps flip-flopping on whether there will be a pitch clock this season.
- The Brewers and Yu Darvish remain active in contract talks.
2017-2018 MLB Free Agent Tracker
2017-2018 Winter Trade Tracker
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2005, the Cubs trade Sammy Sosa to the Orioles for second baseman Jerry Hairston Jr. and two minor-leaguers.