The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Check out all of our offseason previews here. How many of our predicted moves do you think could still happen?
- J.T. Realmuto wants Marlins to trade him before spring training.
- Stop the presses right this instant: the Rangers and Bartolo Colon are close to deal. Big Sexy is the only thing this sad stove needed to redeem the winter.
- Former number one overall draft pick Mark Appel will step away from baseball.
- Red Sox’ Mookie Betts has won his arbitration case.
- The Yankees have discussed Mike Moustakas, but it doesn’t seem likely.
- Yes, Eric Hosmer is still pushing for a 7+ year deal. Meanwhile I can’t commit to a toothpaste brand for longer than three months.
- The possible return of the bullpen cart is the most important baseball story of 2018.
- The Cubs have signed Peter Bourjos to a minor-league deal.
- The Nationals have signed Miguel Montero to a minor-league deal.
- As we get closer and closer to spring training, the Mets are prioritizing Eduardo Nunez and Todd Frazier.
- Of course the Brewers recently checked in with Rays on Chris Archer, because they’re just as bored as we are this offseason.
- The White Sox have signed Jeanmar Gomez to a minor-league deal.
- The White Sox have signed Bruce Rondon to a minor-league deal, because they’re just rakin’ up all the minor-league contracts they can get their hands on.
- The Mets interested are in Alex Cobb and Lance Lynn.
- The Orioles, Marlins, Pirates, and Royals are all in on Melky Cabrera. I guess that’s the mark of a slow winter, huh? Either that or it’s suddenly 2009 again.
- The Phillies have signed Adam Rosales to a minor-league deal.
- Top agent calls out MLB owners over lack of free agent signings in fiery Twitter post.
- MLB keeps flip-flopping on whether there will be a pitch clock this season.
- It’s hilarious Miami thought Jeffrey Loria might actually share profits with the county.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On this day in 2004, the Cardinals and Albert Pujols agree to a $100 million, seven-year deal.