The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: Are you satisfied with your team’s winter so far?
- The Rockies have re-signed Carlos Gonzalez to a 1-year deal.
- The Blue Jays have signed Tyler Clippard to a minor-league deal.
- The Tigers have signed Jarrod Saltalamacchia to a minor-league deal.
- Koji Uehara have gone back to where it all began, signing a deal with the Yomiuri Giants in Japan
- The Twins have signed Lance Lynn to a 1-year deal.
- The Royals have re-signed part of their franchise-four, Mike Moustakas, to a 1-year deal.
- The Padres have discussed a deal with still-free agent Jake Arrieta.
- The Royals and Ricky Nolasco have agreed to a minor-league deal.
- The Athletics have signed Jonathan Lucroy to a 1-year deal.
- The Rangers have ‘considered’ pitcher Greg Holland.
- The Twins are still monitoring the starting pitcher market.
- Tony Clark now says ‘upwards of one-third’ of teams aren’t trying their hardest to win.
- A ‘Jeopardy!’ contestant thought spring training in Florida was called the ‘Bush League’, so at least you’re not him.
- Rays’ young pitcher Jose De Leon needs Tommy John surgery.
- Kenley Jansen called out the teams that aren’t trying to win.
- The Athletics have released Brandon Moss, who could retire.
- Royals’ Jorge Bonifacio has been suspended 80 games.
- Ichiro Suzuki wants to pitch against Shohei Ohtani, so now that needs to happen
- MLB will broadcast games exclusively on Facebook, for some reason.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On March 11th, 1933, Rogers Hornsby returns to the Cardinals as a player after being fired as the Cubs’ manager last August.