The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: Are you satisfied with your team’s winter so far?
- The Yankees have signed Neil Walker.
- Orioles’ Mark Trumbo will miss 3-4 weeks with a quad strain.
- The Yankees have optioned Gleyber Torres down to Triple-A.
- The Yankees have released Adam Lind. That was painfully short-lived, huh?
- The San Francisco Giants had a busy winter and were not shy on making moves this offseason.
- The Mets ‘haven’t ruled out’ trading Juan Lagares.
- In order to make room for Walker, the Yankees have released Danny Espinosa.
- The Cubs have released bullpen veteran Justin Grimm.
- And just like that, Carrera has a new team. The veteran outfielder has signed a minor-league deal with the Braves. That wasn’t so long, was it?
- How did the Detroit Tigers do this season?
- Will signing a big name pitcher this offseason turn 2018 around for the Philadelphia Phillies?
- The Phillies have designated Tommy Joseph for assignment.
- Both the Braves and Diamondbacks are showing interest in Greg Holland, as they should.
- After signing Jake Arrieta, the Phillies are now a popular playoff ‘sleeper’.
- How did this offseason go for the Chicago White Sox?
- MLB is implementing the dumb extra inning rule in the minors. Cause that’s totally going to bring in more fans.
- The Braves will play the service-time game with Ronald Acuna Jr. for better or worse.
- Top 20 Prospects lists for 2018: Index by organization.
- Pour them in a nice glass to have with breakfast, the baseballs are juiced.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On March 16th, 2006, Roy Halladay agrees to a $40M, three-year contract extension with the Blue Jays. R.I.P Doc.