The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: Are you satisfied with your team’s winter so far?
Enjoying our Offseason-In-Review series? Find all of our write ups here as we recount the good, the bad, the slow, and the hideous of this past winter.
- Mariners’ David Phelps will be out for the season with a torn UCL.
- Texas made a marquee move this winter by signing would-be comeback kid Tim Lincecum, but will it do them any good next season?
- Mets’ Rafael Montero has torn a UCL a will likely undergo Tommy John surgery.
- The Athletics have signed Brett Anderson.
- The Blue Jays kept a low-key offseason. How will it pan out for them in 2018?
- The Orioles have signed Alex Cobb to a 4-year deal.
- Cleveland has released veteran utility-man and known party-haver Mike Napoli.
- The Los Angeles Angels made a huge move this offseason by signing the “Japanese Babe Ruth”, Shohei Ohtani. Could they become a huge force to reckon with in the American League West?
- Tracking the veterans cut from spring training. A swan song for them all.
- Will Tampa Bay be able to compete in a stacked American League East this season?
- The Marlins had...quite an offseason, to put it bluntly. Did Derek Jeter run the team into the ground or will all of this somehow come up roses?
- Ever want to hit batting practice with George Springer? Our very own Chris Cotillo did. Here’s his recap of the Budweiser Spring Training Experience.
- Despite losing multiple members of their championship core, the Royals put off a full rebuild and raided the bargain bin this spring.
- The Braves continued to spent their offseason building a young core.
- The Reds had a quiet offseason that gave a little effort to fill a huge problem. Will it even make a difference in 2018?
- Righting the wrong for the players most affected by the PED-era.
- Breaking down the Aaron Judge tampering controversy.
- Did the Mariners do enough this winter?
- Dodgers’ Justin Turner has suffered a broken wrist.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On March 22nd, 2009, Japan defeats South Korea to win its second consecutive World Baseball Classic.
Question of the Day: Who will be the next big signing before the season begins?