The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: What do you think about starting a runner on second base in extra innings?
Enjoying our Offseason-In-Review series? Find all of our write ups here as we recount the good, the bad, the slow, and the hideous of this past winter.
- Mariners’ David Phelps will be out for the season with a torn UCL.
- The Mariners have signed Wade LeBlanc.
- Mets’ Rafael Montero has torn a UCL a will likely undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Even year, shmeven year. The Giants has lost both Madison Bumgarner and Jeff Samardzija to big injuries.
- The bullpen was the focal point for a busy Rockies offseason.
- Red Sox sign Christian Vazquez to a 3-year extension.
- Cleveland has resigned veteran utility-man Mike Napoli. Party on.
- The Los Angeles Angels made a huge move this offseason by signing the “Japanese Babe Ruth”, Shohei Ohtani. Could they become a huge force to reckon with in the American League West?
- The Twins took advantage of their 2017 momentum and added quality pieces for run in 2018.
- Will Tampa Bay be able to compete in a stacked American League East this season?
- The Milwaukee Brewers arguably had the most interesting offseason of any MLB club, though it’s debatable how much better it will make them.
- Ever want to hit batting practice with George Springer? Our very own Chris Cotillo did. Here’s his recap of the Budweiser Spring Training Experience.
- Despite losing multiple members of their championship core, the Royals put off a full rebuild and raided the bargain bin this spring.
- The Braves have released Scott Kazmir.
- The Reds had a quiet offseason that gave a little effort to fill a huge problem. Will it even make a difference in 2018?
- The Cardinals didn’t shake things up as much as some might’ve hoped, but they did add a big bat to the middle of the lineup..
- Say it ain’t so. The Rangers have released Bartolo Colon, but Big Sexy could be back.
- Did the Mariners do enough this winter?
- Dodgers’ Justin Turner has suffered a broken wrist.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On March 25th, 1914, Babe Ruth makes his first start of his professional career.
Question of the Day: Who will be the next big signing before the season begins?