The MLB Daily Dish is a daily feature we're running here at MLBDD that rounds up roster-impacting news, rumors, and analysis. Have feedback or have something that should be shared? Hit us up at @mlbdailydish on Twitter or @MLBDailyDish on Instagram.
Have you seen our most recentFanPost Friday? We want to know: What do you think about starting a runner on second base in extra innings?
Enjoying our Offseason-In-Review series? Find all of our write ups here as we recount the good, the bad, the slow, and the hideous of this past winter.
- The Phillies have signed Scott Kingery to a 6-year extension.
- The Nationals will be returning much of their 2017 roster as they look to take the NL East for the third consecutive season.
- The Yanks picked up the NL MVP this winter. Sounds like a win.
- The Diamondbacks have signed Ketel Marte to a 5-year extension.
- The Mariners have signed Jayson Werth to a minor-league deal.
- Athletics’ AJ Puk to undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Cleveland suffered a devastating playoff collapse in 2017. Did they do enough this offseason to make sure it doesn’t happen again?
- Boston brought aboard top free-agent slugger J.D. Martinez to highlight its winter. Will it be enough to win the AL East?
- The Phillies have released Cameron Rupp.
- The Mets have signed Fernando Abad to a minor-league deal.
- Cleveland has signed Adam Rosales to a minor-league deal.
- Ever want to hit batting practice with George Springer? Our very own Chris Cotillo did. Here’s his recap of the Budweiser Spring Training Experience.
- After seeing some key players from the 2016 World Series squad hit free agency, Cubs reload with even more talent.
- The Braves have released Scott Kazmir.
- With their empty roster spot needing filling, the Braves have signed Peter Bourjos.
- Cleveland has traded Rob Refsnyder to Rays.
- Life is good again, kiddos. The Rangers have release and then simultaneously brought back Bartolo Colon. One may even dare to say that...they brought sexy back.
- And things were going so smooth for New York this winter. Yankees’ Greg Bird will be out 6-8 weeks after ankle surgery.
- The Giants have released Jarrett Parker.
They say laughter is the best medicine, and we don’t want you taking any risks this allergy season. Better head on over to our Instagram, @MLBDailyDish, for your daily dose. And don’t worry, we’ll be sure to bill your insurance.
As the rumors begin to creep in and the stoves start to warm up, follow us on Facebook and stay constantly in the loop of what’s going down in the MLB.
Want to be the most stylish person you know this offseason? Check out our latest shirt with BreakingT and be the envy of all your friends and loved ones.
Today in baseball: On March 28th, 2014, Mike Trout and the Angels agree to a $144.5 million, six-year deal.